Dried Fruits by Noble Queen Inc. is a dried fruit product without any added sugar or preservatives. They taste great eaten from the bag, or can be used for in recipes such as baking. They come in different flavours: Coconut & Banana, Peach & Plum, Apple & Banana and Mango & Banana.
The following is a recipe featured on my healthy snacks for back-to-school aired on CHCH Morning Live. I used Apple & Banana Dried Fruits by Noble Queen Inc. in whole grain Cookie Recipe (top picture).
See the pictures and recipe below!
Whole Grain Cookies with Dried Fruits by Noble Queen
1/2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp wheat germ
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Dried Fruits by Noble Queen Inc (flavour of your choice), cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet (11 x 17 inch) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine and sugars until fluffy using either an electric mixer or a wooden spoon. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until fluffy.
- Stir in the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt and Dried Fruits by Noble Queen.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet or use a mini scoop.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes (I find them perfect in my oven after 11 minutes)! Remove from oven and let cool slightly on baking sheet. Transfer from baking sheet and let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months.
Makes 40 cookies.