Snacking on plain almonds is good, but how about adding a bit of a kick to them with this Sweet & Spicy Almonds Recipe? These also make great holiday gifts, and this recipe was featured on my TV segment on Daytime York Region!
Ready to get started? See the recipe after the images below!
RECIPE :: Sweet & Spicy Almonds
2 Tbsp oil
6 cups almonds
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
For Gifts (optional)
cardstock cut into tags
single hole punch
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Heat oil and almonds in large sauté pan on high for 1 minute, stirring often. Then reduce to low heat and continue to stir for 6-7 minutes.
- Add honey, spices, salt, and sesame seeds. Coat evenly.
- Spread on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, until honey is dry.
- Allow nuts to completely cool before serving/packaging. Lasts about 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information (per 1/3 cup serving)
Calories 82 kcal | Fat 6 g | Monounsaturated Fat 4 g | Protein 2 g | Carbohydrate 7 g | Fibre 1 g | Potassium 78 mg | Magnesium 27 mg | Calcium 40 mg
Recipe adapted from Epicurious
Instructions for Gifts
- Place Sweet & Spicy Almonds into clear bags.
- Cut cardstock into tags. Punch a hole in one end.
- Tie ribbon around bag with tag.
- Arrange parchment paper in the bottom of tin.
- Place Sweet & Salty Almonds on top.