Mustard is a nutrition powerhouse. Mustard seed (Saskatchewan is the world's biggest supplier) provides all the favour without much sugar, sodium and saturated fat! Low in calories with lots of taste, mustard is great marinade, condiment and spice for all your salads, sandwiches and main dishes!
This recipe is also great for kids, as they love dipping and dunking different vegetables and crackers into this sweet tasting dip!
RECIPE: Honey Dill Mustard Dip
- 3/4 cup / 175 ml low fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml honey
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp / 2 ml garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp / 1 ml black pepper
- Combine sour cream, honey, mustard, dill, garlic powder and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with raw vegetables for dipping.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.