Beet and Kale Chips – Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
3 beets, wash and scrubbed
1 bunch kale, stems removed and teared into pieces
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 325 F degrees and cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, cut the beet into very thin slices. They should curl slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss kale and beets with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Arrange on baking sheets and make sure they are not touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy or slightly brown. Watch carefully after the 15 minute mark, as they can burn quickly.
- Let completely cool before serving/packaging. Lasts up to one week in an airtight container (if they last that long. In my house they get eaten within 2 days)!
Nutrition Information (per ½ cup serving)
Calories 57 kcal | Fat 4 g | Protein 1 g | Carbohydrate: 5 g | Fibre 1 g | Sodium 379 mg
Adapted from Slender Kitchen