RECIPE: Asian Leaf Lettuce Wraps
3 green onions
4 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
1/2 of a medium green sweet pepper, seeded, cut up
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
8 leaves butterhead lettuce. I used Mucci Farms Naked Leaf Living Lettuce
- Trim off and discard root ends of green onions. Cut off and slice green tops and set aside. In a food processor combine white parts of the green onions, the chicken breast, sweet pepper, 1 tablespoon of the vinegar, the oil, black pepper and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Cover and pulse with several on-off turns until chicken mixture is finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add cabbage and toss to combine. Divide chicken mixture into four individual microwave safe container; chill.
- Dipping sauce: In a small bowl combine sliced green onion tops, the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, the water, and soy sauce. Divide among 4 small containers.
- Pack chicken mixture, lettuce, and dipping sauce separately in insulated container with ice packs.
- To serve, cover bowl of chicken mixture with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 45 to 60 seconds or until heated through, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Spoon a rounded 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf. Roll up to eat and serve with dipping sauce.